Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Honeymoon Phase of Marraige and its Transition out (CPB)

So I guess I feel kind of cheated, most people have a good solid half a year or more of that "Honeymoon Phase" in their marriage. If you are married im sure you know what I am referring to. With the quick decision of being wed prior to Stephany's deployment the first portion of the deployment seemed to be all the H.P. (Honeymoon Phase) we had. Now that she is back it seems as though life is more business less fun, if you will. Don't get me wrong by this, I am absolutely ecstatic that she is home and I finally get to hold her in my arms once again.

I know that in life, things that NEED to get done should always be done before things that we WANT to get done, right? Well, I guess at this point it is drawing that line between NEED and WANT and even the degrees within them. Taking out the trash, whilest it's a need (eventuall), It's also something that could be done after a WANT in my opinion. I could go on for a while with this but i'm going to get back to focus on the topic at hand.

So after staying up all night 2 nights ago, (as I work mids) I arrived at the airport at roughly 0945 in prep for Stephany's arrival home at 1019. While waiting, a few of her military leadership members showed up in order to greet her and welcome her home (Where was my greeting after my deployment!!! SEXIST!!!! heh just kidding). Pretty much on time, she came out with all smiles and waving at us. Good ole Steph, the very woman I fell in love with. Being as I am the most important person in her life (Don't let her tell you otherwise, she's lieing!!) we greeted with a long warm embrace, the kind you see in the movies after the husband gets back from wartime. With an "in uniform allowed single kiss" at the end of the hug, she moved on to business talking to the leadership about things that need to get done. Order of priorities and things to ensure she follows up on.

This is the point in which I knew we were already phasing / phased out of our H.P. When we arrived to the car, all we could talk about were things that needed to be talked about, ie; why her car was not ready as Toyota had promised us, tasks on post we needed to accomplish before we could go home and settle down, various tasks in the week in which we needed to get done. Maybe the H.P is just all hype, maybe it will return to us one day. Seeing as we plan on taking a serious chunk of leave (Road trip from GA to WI / IL to visit families and attempt to have a real honeymoon in there at some point!), maybe that free hearted spirit which embodied our love at one point will finally have a chance to reveal itsself.

After we had finally arrived home, I could not help but smile as the Stephany I know and love showed herself. Before even stepping into the house she inquired when the lawn had been mowed last, why there was stuff on the side of the house and not thrown away, various things which I knew she would. I guess we have a different mindset when it comes to "clean" and "complete", as most of the things i spend hours doing seemed to be for nothing as we had planned on re-doing everything once more.

That evening we went out to eat at about 4pm to Miyabi's. It is a chinese grill in which they put on a show while cooking for up to 10 people at the same time, whilest im sure it was more impressive to some people, I think the extreme tiredness of myself and Steph kinda dulled the moment a little for us. Now, we have almost 4 more meals in the fridge just from that 1 visit. It was rather tastey but they loved to put onion and mushrooms with everything! BLECH! Owell, life goes on.

In closing this large rant of various topics in relation, I think I'll end with my personal opinion on the H.P. I think that the H.P. is like a story you read to your child. There is a time and place for reading it and if you read it too much, it could possibly get old. So anyone who hasen't read their book in a while, take it off the shelf, dust it off and make the best of today and make the best of right now. Your significant other might desire the same exact thing but be too worried about NEED vice WANT. H.P. is a need to keep a relationship healthy.

"Leadership is a Action, not a position"


To be continued... Carl P Bayton

4 comments:

Sue B. said...

I am so glad that Steph is home and now you can both work on the HP part.
You will find that it is real but as time goes by you need to rethink and work on and find each other again. It will happen!!! Next month your dad and I will celebrate our 37th year of marriage and boy it seems to have gone by so fast. I can say this I love him more today than I ever have and he is really my best friend. I am so glad that we found each other, and I am so glad that you and Steph have found each other. We love you guys so much and look forward to seeing you when ever you can get here. For now this blog sure has helped me get together with parts of our family more and more often. Love YA!!!!! Both Mom and Dad Bayton

Chris 'n Leah said...

Hey there! I am so glad that Stephany made it home safe and sound. It sounds like "real life" has already begun for the two of you. I think that you will find that a mature love grows past the "HP" and into a more mutual respect and admoration. As long as both partners are always trying to make the other person happy, then things will always work out. Hang in there and know that although hormones bring us together and are a lot of fun, they are not and never will be the glue that binds people together. The glue is a willingness to love, accept, and cherish each other even with our fault.
Keep up the good work and I know that you will look back on this "season" of marriage with fondness as the time in which you fell deeply in love with each other.

Unknown said...

Dude, Where's the welcome home pictures? Do you still need to get a camera?

Welcome back Steph. We love ya.

Frogqueen3 said...

Hey lil bro.. I'm so glad that Steph is home.. dont worry about the HP its alot of hype.. You see her and spend time with her and the fun will return no doubt.. With techinal terms i can say that this is the adjusting back home phase.. No worries it will last a few weeks but it will only get better from here on out.. You guys will now get the time to get to know eachother again.. I cant wait to meet her.. I love you guys and am excited to see you both..