For those who don't know (and those who do i guess), I'm currently deployed to Kuwait. What can I say... It's hot, it's sandy and I'm out in the sun at midday. Love it! I've got great leadership and horrible leadership, great troops and horrible troops. I don't get much time to go offpost (and by much time, i mean 0 time, because there is a "threat" out there and we can't do it). It's a good 1 hour drive to and from work, so my work ours are more than what we were told.
The base itsself is nice, weekly poker tourny's (I've won once so far), a great gym with many workout classes to attend. The chow hall is well... a chow hall, the same thing every day. Since I'm trying to eat better, I've become a herbivore eating 3 salads a day with a little chicken on top. I've lost 12 pounds so far and I feel great. We havent' had to be hostile towards anyone out here, so we've been safe thus far. The joys of being in the Air Force is we don't typically use weapons unless its a rare case. I will get some pictures up on this blog soon so you can all bask in the glory of kuwait with me.
The deployment is half over and less than 2 months to go before I come home. Couple weeks of free time off to recoup from the deployment, followed by some leave taken (in hopes) to visit home. I'm sure mom and dad will have lots of work for these muscles to do at the property :)
"Hayat bdoon alosra, hua hayat hazeenat'an"
- Carl
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would just be thrilled to have you home for a short time. Work "NOT".
I am glad that you posted as everyone keeps asking about you and all I can say is I know he is OK as I feel peace. Love YA!!!!!
It is so good to hear from you! I am so glad you are doing well and that you are eating better. I am glad to hear you will have some time off when you leave there. I hope you will be able to renew your spirits.
I am SO glad you are safe! Hang in there and keep making the best of it. I can't wait to hear from you again!
Post a Comment